Sunday, September 07, 2008

Aysia is 7!!

This has been a very busy weekend! Aysia had a huge birthday bash Saturday. A Hannah Montana water party. I had planned on setting most of it up on Friday, because I had to work at Gymboree Friday night and we had so many obligations Saturday.

However, I got a call from Grandma Boam Friday about 11:30 requesting "low sodium-homemade chicken noodle soup". Of course I love doing anything I can for Grandma. So I whisked my wet boys (we'd been outside setting up for a water party) to Albertson's for the ingredients I didn't have in my pantry or garden. Not boasting, but I am a pretty good cook. However, I've never been good at making chicken soup from scratch. I've told my mother-in-law (Sharon) she needs to tutor me - she makes great chicken soup. So... I was already thinking this would be hard, but then to try to make it taste good without salt-impossible! Well, I finished the soup. It wasn't to bad. When Aysia got home from school I delivered it to Grandma and she said it was good!!

Needless to say I didn't get finished setting up for the party before I left for work at 4:45. I stayed up late to get some things done. Billy never realizes how much effort goes into planning and pulling off a party for 24 children. Yes, Aysia couldn't leave out anyone! Aysia had a soccer game at 10:15 Saturday in Sandy, I had a RS meeting at 10:00. Thankfully Aysia got a ride to soccer with her best friend Summer. We picked her up at 11:15 to head down to Provo for a Clinger (my mother's) family reunion at noon. We left the reunion early at 2:00 so I could get home and finish setting up for the party at 3:30. We hit bumper to bumper traffic on the way home. There was an accident at the point of the mountain that SLOWED everything down. As we inched closer and closer home, I had visions of kids showing up to our house for a party no one was hosting! Finally as we passed the accident things sped up. We pulled in about 3:00. I raced around trying to get things ready for guests to arrive. In the end - though things weren't exactly as I visioned- it was a successful party.

Aysia and Summer

Cousins cooling off in the pool!
Eleanor, Brayden, Aidan and Alec

Eleanor NEEDS popcorn please!

There are some happy faces!
Chloe, Aidan, Rhett and Josie


After everyone was sufficiently drenched and had their fill of cotton candy (thanks Jana) and popcorn, we had a great Hannah Montana Cake (thanks Taunie) and ice cream with pop rocks sprinkled on top!


Aysia had a huge pile of presents to open. I guess that's the benefit of inviting 20 kids! She recieved so many nice things, mostly Hannah Montana related. Disney's making a fortune. It was such a crazy day, I almost forgot the Hannah guitar pinata. Billy strung it up quickly at the end. Christy and Dale kept tell him to watch his...squirrel food...you know - kids swinging bats.


Aysia took the first few swings. Spencer made
a small whole and Sam Sietz finished it off.


Adison grabbed the bat after the pinata was good and finished. Kids were swarming in for candy, and I barley got it out of his hands before something besides nuts got cracked. WHEW!

No comments: