Sunday, September 28, 2008

Soldier Creek

Back to our usual pace!

We had an interesting Thursday night. While bathing the kids before bed, Alec decided to try his luck at wall climbing. Not a good idea if you and the wall are wet. I pulled him down three times and even whacked his wet bum, he just laughed at me and continued to climb the sides of the tub! Well, on his fourth attempt he slipped and slammed his chin down on the side. He ended up with a cut almost an inch long. We had to quickly wash dress and load everyone in the car to go to IHC Kidcare.
My monster was an angel for the nurse and doctor. Not a peep from him, and he was as still as a statue while being stitched up. Eight stitches in all.



We had a fun "quick" camping trip this weekend. We headed up to Soldier Creek Friday night and had to hurry home Saturday so I could get to my last night and Gymboree.

We borrowed James and Taunie's trailer. We were so cold up Hobble Creek a few weeks ago I hadn't planned on meeting my parents for the weekend, until Taunie offered it. I'm so glad she did! We had a good time. It was a quick decision to go as well as a quick trip. We threw our stuff together and didn't get there until dark. But we were comfortable in the trailer. And enjoyed the morning.



The kids around the camp fire in the morning.




Eating breakfast in the trailer.

I used to go camping all the time with my grandparents when I was little. I think my kids will have good memories of the trip. It was fun for me to be there with my cousins, and their kids.


Grandma Williams



Alec had fun playing with my cousin Rory's daughter Faith.



Aidan loves his son Brandon. This is Vanessa (Rory's wife) with Brandon.



Strawberry is cold at night, but beautiful during the day this time of year. The leaves are turning; there are yellow Aspens all around.



The kids enjoyed a ride in Grandpa's boat. Alec was lulled to sleep by the motor.




This Tuesday right after preschool I get to run over to Aysia's school and teach an art lesson on Jackson Pollack. I think it will be fun for the kids to try out his style at the end. I hope it goes well. I guess they probably wouldn't fire me, since I'm a parent volunteer.


I hope we don't have any more major accidents to report next week!

No comments: